M/S The Samba
Fantastic itinerary, great value, graceful yacht, lovingly maintained by local owners.
|Mid-Range||78feet / 23 meters||14||7|
Length: 78feet / 23 meters
A European classic yacht and the best in her class. Although a little smaller than other yachts we work with (which is reflected in the price) the Samba is an excellent option and one of our favourite yachts. With a maximum of 14 guests on board she provides a very intimate encounter with nature. An ocean going vessel with a specially designed high bow and special stabilizing sail, this yacht is very tastefully decorated and lovingly kept by her owners, one of whom regularly guides on board the yacht (and is excellent) and has a great outdoor area for eating. The yacht has a great crew, is locally owned and operated in a very environmentally friendly as well as socially responsible way.
Samba - 8 day Central and Southern IslandsClick to View
Samba - Northern and Western IslandsClick to View
Please Note:Itineraries are unlikely to change significantly but are subject to change. Weather, wildlife breeding, instructions from the Galapagos National Park, specific abilities and interests of passengers as well as operational matters may cause your guide or captain to change the times or nature of your visits. Your guide will always endeavour to have the best itinerary for you within these constraints.
FacilitiesThe Nemo II is a fully air-conditioned, comfortable motor catamaran. The salon is equipped with flat screen TV and DVD systems.
- Twin DAV diesel engines 220 HP
- 2 generators each of 21 & 12.5KW for 110V & 220V A/C and 12V & 24V D/C
- Furuno radar, GPS
- VHS & SSB radios
- 2 tenders with outboard motors
- color TV and video equipment One self-contained 20-passenger life raft
- EPIRB (Emergency Positioning Indicating Radio Beacon)
- Two bi-directional VHF emergency-radios
- VHF (Motorola) wide-range radio
- VHF and HF radios and one cell-phone communication system
- Safety smoke and fire detectors and overhead sprinkler systems, A.B.C fire-control system
CrewCaptain, mechanic, Chef, two helmsmen/sailors and bilingual naturalist guide.
SnorkellingSnorkel equipment and wet suits free.
- Length: 78feet / 23 meters
- Beam: 18 feet / 5.4 meters
- Range: 2,500 miles Electric
- Speed: 8.5knots average
- Electric Power Supply: 110V & 220V (A/C)