What makes this trip special
An unforgettable wildlife holiday that takes you from the high Andes, where you have a taste of Andean scenery and culture with a visit to Ecuador’s capital Quito. From here onto the unparalleled biological riches of the Amazon where you will stay in an award winning lodge in the heart of the Yasuni National Park considered to be one of the most biodiverse places on earth. From here onto the Galapagos for 8-days cruising these remarkable islands on board one of our handpicked collection of yachts selected to match your budget and interests.
- Experience Galapagos and the Amazon two of the world’s top wildlife destinations
- 8-days cruising Galapagos Islands
- 4 days Amazon in award winning lodge
- 2 nights in a boutique hotel in Quito
- 1 night country house hotel
- Met on arrival to Quito and taken care of every step of the way
15 days from £4997pp Price based on two people sharing a double room/cabin
Arrive in Quito, where you will be met off the plane and taken to your hotel. Overnight Casona de la Ronda.
Today you will be picked up from your hotel by one of Ecuador’s top guides, who will take you on a private tour of Quito, a beautiful city nestled high in the Andes, and declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site due to its beautiful colonial architecture. Overnight Casona de la Ronda.
Amazon Rainforest - After breakfast the next day, you will be taken to the airport in Quito for a short flight to Ecuador’s Amazon rainforest. Here you will be met by your guides and begin your journey into Ecuador’s Amazon, one of the most vibrant, complex and diverse ecosystems on earth. With spectacular wildlife viewing and a beautiful location by the side of a lake, you will stay in a lodge which is 100% owned and run by the local indigenous community, offering superb service and great levels of comfort. During your stay you will be accompanied by a bilingual naturalist as well as a local indigenous guide. On day 6, you will take a short flight back to Quito where you will be met off the plane and taken back to your hotel in Quito. Your hotel for your overnight on day 6 will be a charming country house hotel, La Jimenita, which has great access to the airport in Quito.
The next morning you will be picked up from the hotel and taken to the airport for your flight to the Galapagos. Upon arrival in Galapagos you will be met by the crew and taken to your yacht. The next glorious 8-days will be spent cruising the Galapagos visiting some of the most spectacular islands in this remarkable archipelago.
You will be taken to the airport for your flight back to mainland Ecuador where you will be met by one of our team and taken to your hotel in Quito for the night.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Land cost includes:
- 8-days full board on Galapagos yacht with services of Galapagos Naturalist Guide,
- 4 days full board in the Amazon Rainforest Lodge with services of native and bilingual naturalist,
- 2 nights Casona de la Ronda
- 1 night La Jimenita
- 6 private airport transfers, return flight from Ecuador to Galapagos, return from Quito to the Amazon rainforest,
- Domestic flights Quito – Coca- Quito (Amazon) and Quito – Galapagos – Quito
- $20 Galapagos migration card.
Land Cost does not include:
- International flights,
- $100 Galapagos National Park fee,
- personal expenses and tips,
- Meals in Quito except breakfast
- alcoholic drinks and bottled soft drinks