Scuba Diving, Seymour Island
Galapagos is one of the top dive sites in the world. Famed for the wealth of sharks that patrol its waters, the archipelago offers unique and spectacular underwater wildlife. For this trip, we partner up with one of the Galapagos Islands top day dive operators for a day of scuba diving at North Seymour. Seymour Island is located only 30 minutes away from Santa Cruz and offers two excellent diving sites for all levels of divers, from the very experienced ones to beginners.
Some days there can be currents but in general the conditions are easy.
During your dives you can expect to see sea lions, sting rays, eagle rays, mobula rays, green sea turtles, several species of sharks (including White-tipped, Galapagos and Hammerhead sharks), large schools of reef fish, garden eels, barracudas and many species of tropical fish. Lunch will be taken on board in a calm bay.
You will return to Itabaca channel at around 3pm where you will be driven back to Puerto Ayora, the main town in Santa Cruz Island. Other dive sites that can be visited during a single days diving include Bartolome, Cousins Rock, Beagle Rocks, Daphne Minor, Mosquera, Floreana, Enderby Islet and Gordon Rocks.
What is included in the day tour?
• Check out dive + 2 tank Dives
• Complete Dive Gear: 2-piece 7mm wetsuit, Regulator, BCD, mask, fins, hood, gloves, weight belt and tanks (does not include dive computer).
• Bilingual dive guides (according to regulation of the Galapagos National Park 1 naturalist guide Dive Master of the Marine Reserve accompanies up to 8 passengers assisted by a Dive Master)
• Transport to / from dive site
• Snack and hot lunch
• Towel service
• Transportation between the dive centre and the boat